Thursday, October 4, 2012

Banned Books are the Best

In honor of the 30th Annual Banned Books Week:



"All these people talk so eloquently about getting back to good old-fashioned values. Well, as an old poop I can remember back to when we had those old-fashioned values, and I say let's get back to the good old-fashioned First Amendment of the good old-fashioned Constitution of the United States -- and to hell with the censors! Give me knowledge or give me death!"
-Kurt Vonnegut


"The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame." 

- Oscar Wilde

 There is a virtual "Read Out" on YouTube to celebrate---check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/bannedbooksweek
Watch this through to the end for one of my favorite Harry Potter quotes!


No comments:

Post a Comment