Monday, March 25, 2013

This Weekend

I made tomato bisque.
I drank beer, vodka, and wine.
I sucked at shooting pool for the first time in a long time.
I took two baths.
I painted with acrylics and watercolors.
I watched African Queen.  Bogey, Hepburn, oh MY !
I had a dance-off with a group of Asians at a swinger's club.
   Yes, you read the last one right.  Funny how I get myself into these situations.
I got attached by a dog while I was trying to pee. It was a playful attack, though our friends heard      
    me screaming from the bathroom and had to send in help.
I ate a LOT of bruschetta.
I bought an apartment-warming quirky candle that I found with Death on the front.  One of those   
   saint's candles, you know.  But this one had the Grim Reaper on the front and I picked it up as a
   laugh.  Only later, as we were reading the prayer on the back, did we realize it is a candle you light
   for a person that you want to die.  WTF?
I had an..erm.. digestive issue while we were house-hunting.  Not the best timing.
I cleaned my car.
I painted my nails a deep, wine red.  They're purrdy.
I did 3 loads of laundry.
I slept in way too late and was tired all day. Until I had 2 cups of coffee. Which is when the car-
    cleaning happened.
I had a semi-decent conversation on FaceTime with my best friend.  It lasted about 20 minutes before
    crapping out.
I had a dance party with my husband in the kitchen.
I made a homemade pizza.  Full of kielbasa sausage and green peppers.

I just realized most of these remarks are regarding food.  You can tell what my priorities are.
I really wanted to celebrate Passover this year.
Considering Eli is making chicken parmesian for supper, I suppose that isn't quite going to happen...
But I fully intend to sweep up all the chametz hanging out on our floor and in the crevices when we get home from work tonight ! And drink my Passover wine.
You have no idea how hard it is to find matza.
Last year my friend, in an act of pseudo-Jewish desperation, used crushed saltines and water to make his own matza.  It was not ideal.







 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment