Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.
-William F. Buckley, Jr.


Well, terrorism strikes again.
And there is no better word for it.
I am at work with my headphones in, listening to live feeds, and as the bombs go off and you can hear the screams, my insides twist and the hairs everywhere on my body stand up and I am filled with terror.
"Terrorism" may be a simple term that has spawned stereotypes, but it does not get much more descriptive: that is their goal. 

Sitting here at my computer working on documents in safe Salt Lake City, I am filled with terror just hearing and imagining what is going on there, on the other side of the country.

I cannot fathom what the actual witnesses and citizens of Boston are feeling right now, but I am sending as many good vibes as I can muster their way.



Boston is an old city.  It is a stronghold. It is the City on a Hill.
It was the site of a massacre and the famous ride of one Paul Revere. Not to mention the world's biggest Tea Party in the harbor.
It is the home of Fenway Park, Hawthorne, Longfellow, and Adams. And the Kennedys, of course.

Bolyston Street, the site of the explosions, has archaeological sites of Native Americans that inhabited the peninsula more than 7,000 years ago.











It has survived worse, and it will survive this.
We can all survive the inhumanity of the world.

Live feed I have been listening tohttp://www.cbsnews.com/liveFeed/widget.shtml


And I will say this, offensive and brash as it may be...
If you've ever met a Bostonian, you know that 
YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH BOSTON.
Boston hits back.  With baseball bats.


And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment