Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Greatness

Food:
Eli's Breakfasts.
I cannot emphasize how incredible these are. I would rather stay in for breakfast any day if he is cooking than go out. It is that good. His super special delicious breakfast is stuffed biscuits and gravy--egg and bacon inside--all on a bed of breakfast potatoes. Fattening, yes. But we're just not the kind of people to starve ourselves through life. You only live once and you may as well enjoy it instead of worrying about those extra couple hundred (or maybe thousand) calories on the weekend. Enjoy your food!



Blueberry Tea.
A recent discovery of mine that can be found at the local supermarket. So sweet and lovely, it really amps up what would be a regular cup of green tea.



The Jamaican jerk chicken I figured out how to make in the crock pot. Tender, sweet and spicy chicken that falls apart in your mouth. Hells yeah.

Quotes:
The other night I was half asleep and Eli shouted out "I love this bed like Dumbledore loves Grindelwald!"
We have an Intellibed, if you're wondering, and it really is that good. And my husband really does say things like that (Thank God).



And a few more that I picked up this week that I'm loving----


"If you don't know history you don't know anything.
You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree."


"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber."


"See everything, overlook a great deal, correct a little."


Other:
Puzzles.
Try clearing some space on a table and doing one in your free time. You can listen to music while you do it, have a conversation, watch a show. I think people under-rate puzzles but they are good for your brain and there is nothing quite like the satisfying snap of getting a little piece into place and moving on to the next.



Raymond Chandler books. This guy could write sentence after sentence like they were made to stand alone. His mystery novels are beyond hard-boiled, cynical, hysterical. He wrote stuff like this--
"He looked about as inconspicuous as a tarantula on a slice of angel food."
"I think a man ought to get drunk at least twice a year on principle, so he won't let himself get snotty about it."
Love this guy and snuggling down into bed or a good couch with one of his books and a warm drink of something is a good winter feeling.



Under the Tuscan Sun. Enough said.


My job. It feels so good, so rewarding to be working my ass off from 8 to 5. I'm doing something I never expected to be doing in a million years and I find that to be perfectly healthy, refreshing, and educational.    It is a hectic, demanding job and although it wears me out, it is a good kind of tired.



Sometimes I just adore Sundays.





No comments:

Post a Comment