Tuesday, May 29, 2012

they can't get away this time

“All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time."

That's what Chesty Puller said when surrounded by 8 enemy divisions. What a guy!

Instead of getting intimidated and losing his wits, he turned a negative into a positive, one of the hardest things to do in life and something I am in the midst of right now.
I am leaving my job in a couple of weeks, and although it will be a relief (The Boss's Alzheimer's is just too much for us to have a functional relationship and he refuses to retire), there is the anxiety of finding another job. Oh boy. And I have gotten close to quite a few people in my office, not surprising considering how small it is--in a lot of ways we are like a highly dysfunctional family.
That eats a LOT of pizza and cake (I will probably lose weight once I leave!!).

But you can't start the next chapter in your life if you're still re-reading the past one.

And so, here are some image-'o'-the-day to make up for the ones I've missed lately!





No comments:

Post a Comment