Thursday, June 28, 2012

this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

Things I've been loving this week...


  • This song:


  • Funny cat video! I especially love the German Shepherd interacting with the kitten:






  • The incredible photographed self portraits by Alex Stoddard. Who is 17 years old. Wowza. Hello Annie Leibovitz of our generation.
  • Job Hunting resources: I really like Indeed.com and there is a cool free app on the iPhone called JobAware. Pretty nifty and helpful!
  • The original Harry Potter books. I've read 2 and now I am on 3. And strangely, I think of books 1-3 as the "originals" because all hell breaks loose in the 4th book and it is formatted so differently. The first 3 are classic and set the tone for the series, and I love how they revolve around schoolwork.  The 7th book hardly even seems to belong to the same series as they don't go to Hogwarts for school at all! And yet it is my favorite.

    Of all the other books actually set at Hogwarts, #3 is my favorite. Oh Sirius...
  • The abandoned City Hall Subway Station in New York.  I love looking at images of it--it is so mysterious and beautiful. It was built in 1904 and closed in 1945 because it wasn't used enough, but thank goodness, because look how beautifully preserved it is!




























  • Dirty limericks.
    I love limericks and dirty jokes, so you can imagine the ultimate explosion of fun you get when you combine the two!  Check out www.dirtylimerick.com
  • Fresh berries.  Got them at market, 2 packs of blueberries, 2 of strawberries, all for $5! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment